[Serusers] Flag setting in scripting language

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at iptel.org
Fri Jun 11 15:42:40 CEST 2004

On 6/11/2004 3:20 PM, Gala, Dipen wrote:

> Hey guys I am finding a tough time with scripting language in ser.cfg
> I want to learn it so pls tell me where can I do so

start with admin guide at http://www.iptel.org/ser/ -- maybe a little
bit obsoleted for latest ser version but a good starting point. You can
find at the same site, a good HOWTO (Dan Austin) and other documents.

> Also can any 1 tell me what is the flags got to do in the language and
> how and where can I learn more about it

the flags are a simple bit map with size of 32. They can be used, for
example, to set some state -- e.g., you would need to check if the user
is behind a NAT many times in your script but you can set a certain flag
at the first check and whenever you would need it again just check that
flag. Also, they are used to mark transactions for accounting.

These are just a few examples ...

Daniel