[Serusers] control number of rings

Greg Fausak greg at addabrand.com
Thu Jun 10 20:11:33 CEST 2004

I just ran into a bit of a challenge about voicemail forwarding, so I
thought I'd share.

First, you need the modparam as indicated.  Note, all timers on this
ser server will be set to the seconds you specify.  That is, you can't
have different duration timers for different things.  No problem.
Anyway...

Second, a section loosely  like this:

if(lookup ("location"))
{
   t_on_failure ("1");
   record_route();
   if(!t_relay())
   {
     sl_reply_error();
   }
}

finally, a failure route:

failure_route[1]
{
   revert_uri ();

   rewritehostport ("VMIP:VMPORT");
   append_branch ();
   t_relay ();
}

I specifically note the revert_uri()!  Especially if it is
going through a b2bua, you need to get the NAME back in:
sip:NAME at domain.com

Anyway, I don't think the revert_uri() will hurt, and it may
save you the hours and hours I spent on it yesterday!
I left out the revert_uri(), and the voicemail server was getting a
request uri:

sip:PPC1234 at voicemail.com.

To which it replied (404 not found), which I forward to the signalling
PSTN gateway,
which then said 'YOU HAVE REACHED A DISCONNECTED NUMBER...'.

---greg

followed by your routing, in my case: