[Serusers] which ver of rtpproxy with ser0.8.12 from src on FreeBSD4.9 ??

Tjapko Smits itsc99 at cantv.net
Sat Jun 5 21:39:09 CEST 2004

Adrian,

I am not an expert but spent the last 3 weeks fighting with both. :-) In
short the difference between mediaproxy and rtpproxy (nathelper)  that
it are both mecahnisms to transparently penetrate symmetric nat in
conjuction with ser and with some help also a-symmetric. Mediaproxy can
make use of multiple proxyservers to balance your proxied traffic. Also
mediaproxy tries to move the complex logic of the decision in the module
or the proxy servers , unlike the nathelper module which has most of the
decision logic in the many options you can pass to its various
functions.

Both are working well although i have the feeling that there is way more
experience with nathelper on this list. My choice is mediaproxy because
i need to handle a very high volume of nated ep's that i like to balance
over different proxy servers.

These were my 5 cents on your question..

Tjapko.