[Serusers] help on ser sip server

yahia wassim yahia_wassim at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 4 15:33:49 CEST 2004

dear all,
i have some problems with the sip ser server.

* i've tried to register to the iptel.org public
server with an instant messaging client (jain-sip
client) and it works. but when sending a message to
another client registred with the same server i've the
202 response (accepted for later delivery) instead of
200 ok response.
the real problem is when using the web interface of
the iptel.org server for instant messaging to send a
message to my jain-sip client i had a 404 rsponse (not
found).

* i used another client to register with the iptel.org
server. it was the sip-communicator for multimedia
communications. it comes to register with the proxy
correctly. but when i dial up a number (sip address)
to contact another client and invite him to share a
session and i have the same response 404 not found.

* i've tried to install the ser server on my machine
and to use it as a local server. when sending a
register request  to this server it loops back on
itself (by adding the via header field corresponding
to its sip address) and it generate a response : to
many hops 483.

could someone help me to resolve one of these problems
at least...

thanks for all.