[Serusers] Mysql DB on remote host

Chundao Che cche at umd.umich.edu
Wed Jun 2 16:20:28 CEST 2004

hello group,

I just started setting up Ser on a linux box (Debian). Please excuse me
if my questions have been asked many times before.
I have two questions here
1.  when I compile from source, the mysql module is not compiled, I
cannot find mysql.so anywhere. I use the latest 0.8.12 release. The
daemon started okay without mysql modules.

2. after no luck with the source, I switched to Debian package. I see
mysql modules are properly installed. I installed the mysql client on my
Debian box, and the Mysql database on a external box, I created all
tables and users successfully and I can manually access the database
from command line. But when I start the Ser daemon, it would not start
and still trying to look the Mysql.sock on local machine. my questions
is where do you tell Ser daemon to use global my.cnf file for external
database?

Chundao Che