[Serusers] help with radius installation

varala ramakanth varala_kanth at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 2 13:46:05 CEST 2004

sorry klaus ,

iam giveing trouble again to you,

iam the root user of the system

so do you think should i keep the dictionary.ser

file in the some other location

so that it can able to read.

one more doubt can we run the ser with the gdb

debugger so that we can trace back step by step?

thanks for sparing time

with regards
rama kanth

CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at cvs.berlios.de:/cvsroot/ser

CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at cvs.berlios.de:/cvsroot/radiusclient-ng

> >>cvs login
> >>cvs co radiusclient-ng
> >>cd ..
> >>
> >>3. compile and install the radius client
> >>cd radiusclient-ng/radiusclient-ng
> >>./configure
> >>./make
> >>su
> >>./make install
> >>exit
> >>cd ../..
> >>
> >>4. compile and install ser
> >>cd ser/sip_router
> >>make all
> >>make modules modules=modules/auth_radius
> >>su
> >>make install
> >>cp modules/auth_radius/auth_radius.so
> >>/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/
> >>cp rpm/ser.init /etc/init.d/ser
> >>vi /etc/init.d/ser
> >>-> change ser=/usr/sbin/ser to
> >>ser=/usr/local/sbin/ser, save and exit
> >>-> check if ser starts!
> >>/etc/init.d/ser start
> >>ps -A
> >>--> there should be plenty of ser processes
> >>/etc/init.d/ser stop
> >>ps -A
> >>--> all the ser processes should be stopped
> >>exit
> >>cd ../..
> >>
> >>5. configure radius client
> >>--> if the radius server is on another machine,
> edit
> >>
> >>/usr/local/etc/radiusclient/radiusclient.conf and
> >>set authserver and
> >>acctserver to the proper machine.
> >>--> configure the shared secret for your radius
> >>server in
> >>/usr/local/etc/radiusclient/servers, e.g. I used:
> >>localhost testsecret
> >>--> add ser's sip dictionary (dictionary.ser ) to
> >>the dictionary of the
> >>radius client:
> >>cd ser/sip_router
> >>su
> >>cp etc/dictionary.ser /usr/local/etc/radiusclient/
> >>cat /usr/local/etc/radiusclient/dictionary.ser
> >>exit
> >>cd ../..
> >>
> >>6. installing a radius server, in this case
> >>freeradius
> >>-->get freeradius
> >>mkdir freeradius
> >>cd freeradius
> >>wget

ftp://ftp.freeradius.org/pub/radius/freeradius-0.9.3.tar.gz

> >>tar -xvzf freeradius-0.9.3.tar.gz
> >>cd freeradius-0.9.3
> >>./configure
> >>make
> >>su
> >>make install
> >>vi /usr/local/etc/raddb/clients.conf
> >>--> set the shared secret in clients.conf, in my
> >>case: testsecret for
> >>127.0.0.1
> >>vi /usr/local/etc/raddb/dictionary
> >>--> add the following at the end the dictionary
> >>file: $INCLUDE
> >>/usr/local/etc/radiusclient/dictionary.ser
> >>vi /usr/local/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf
> >>-->uncomment the word "digest" in the "authorize"
> >>and "authenticate" section
> >>vi /usr/local/etc/raddb/users
> >>-->insert a testuser:
> >>	test Auth-Type := Digest, User-Password == "test"
> >>		Reply-Message = "Hello, test with digest"
> >>
> >>7. test the radius server
> >>--> start freeradus in debug mode

=== message truncated ===
@