[Serusers] help with radius installation

varala ramakanth varala_kanth at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 2 13:12:15 CEST 2004

thanks klaus,

i followed your steps from 1 to 6 successfully

when executing the 7th step

i get the err as

Errors reading dictionary: dict_init:
/usr/local/etc/raddb/dictionary[22]: Couldn't open
dictionary "
/usr/local/etc/radiusclient/dictionary.ser": No such
file or directory
Errors reading radiusd.conf

i kept in another location i.e in /usr/local/share

and checked with that path also

still the same message so please tell me

where iam going wrong

thanks in advance

one more doubt can we run the ser with the gdb
debugger

so that we can trace back step by step

with regards
rama kanth varala

CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at cvs.berlios.de:/cvsroot/ser

CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at cvs.berlios.de:/cvsroot/radiusclient-ng
> cvs login
> cvs co radiusclient-ng
> cd ..
>
> 3. compile and install the radius client
> cd radiusclient-ng/radiusclient-ng
> ./configure
> ./make
> su
> ./make install
> exit
> cd ../..
>
> 4. compile and install ser
> cd ser/sip_router
> make all
> make modules modules=modules/auth_radius
> su
> make install
> cp modules/auth_radius/auth_radius.so
> /usr/local/lib/ser/modules/
> cp rpm/ser.init /etc/init.d/ser
> vi /etc/init.d/ser
> -> change ser=/usr/sbin/ser to
> ser=/usr/local/sbin/ser, save and exit
> -> check if ser starts!
> /etc/init.d/ser start
> ps -A
> --> there should be plenty of ser processes
> /etc/init.d/ser stop
> ps -A
> --> all the ser processes should be stopped
> exit
> cd ../..
>
> 5. configure radius client
> --> if the radius server is on another machine, edit
>
> /usr/local/etc/radiusclient/radiusclient.conf and
> set authserver and
> acctserver to the proper machine.
> --> configure the shared secret for your radius
> server in
> /usr/local/etc/radiusclient/servers, e.g. I used:
> localhost testsecret
> --> add ser's sip dictionary (dictionary.ser ) to
> the dictionary of the
> radius client:
> cd ser/sip_router
> su
> cp etc/dictionary.ser /usr/local/etc/radiusclient/
> cat /usr/local/etc/radiusclient/dictionary.ser
>  >>/usr/local/etc/radiusclient/dictionary
> exit
> cd ../..
>
> 6. installing a radius server, in this case
> freeradius
> -->get freeradius
> mkdir freeradius
> cd freeradius
> wget

ftp://ftp.freeradius.org/pub/radius/freeradius-0.9.3.tar.gz