[Serusers] PSTN

Kapil Dhawan sersavvy at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 1 02:59:07 CEST 2004

Hi List

I am running rtpproxy and nathelper which is fine for me...but when i
transfer all calls starting with 00 to my SIP gateway...then person calling
from public IP is able to hear properly the pstn call and person calling
behind NAT can not hear but the pstn callee can hear that behind NAT guy...

and second is i am storing logs in acc table...there is i make a SIP-SIP
call, i get proper logs but if i make PSTN call whether from public or
private IP, i only get BYE record..

below is my ser.cfg

#
# $Id: nathelper.cfg,v 1.1.2.1 2003/11/24 14:47:18 janakj Exp $
#
# simple quick-start config script including nathelper support

# This default script includes nathelper support. To make it work
# you will also have to install Maxim's RTP proxy. The proxy is enforced
# if one of the parties is behind a NAT.
#
# If you have an endpoing in the public internet which is known to
# support symmetric RTP (Cisco PSTN gateway or voicemail, for example),
# then you don't have to force RTP proxy. If you don't want to enforce
# RTP proxy for some destinations than simply use t_relay() instead of
# route(1)
#
# Sections marked with !! Nathelper contain modifications for nathelper
#
# NOTE !! This config is EXPERIMENTAL !
#
# ----------- global configuration parameters ------------------------

debug=8         # debug level (cmd line: -dddddddddd)
fork=yes
log_stderror=yes	# (cmd line: -E)

/* Uncomment these lines to enter debugging mode
fork=no
log_stderror=yes
*/

check_via=no	# (cmd. line: -v)
dns=no           # (cmd. line: -r)
rev_dns=no      # (cmd. line: -R)
port=5060
children=4
fifo="/tmp/ser_fifo"

# ------------------ module loading ----------------------------------

# Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/mysql.so"

loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/sl.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/tm.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/rr.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/maxfwd.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/usrloc.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/registrar.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/textops.so"

# Uncomment this if you want digest authentication
# mysql.so must be loaded !
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/auth.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/auth_db.so"

# !! Nathelper
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/nathelper.so"

# !! Accounting
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/acc.so"

# !! Voicemail And Conference
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/vm.so"

# ----------------- setting module-specific parameters ---------------

# -- usrloc params --

#modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   0)

# Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database
# for persistent storage and comment the previous line
modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 2)

# -- auth params --
# Uncomment if you are using auth module
#
modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", yes)
#
# If you set "calculate_ha1" parameter to yes (which true in this config),
# uncomment also the following parameter)
#
modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "password")

# -- rr params --
# add value to ;lr param to make some broken UAs happy
modparam("rr", "enable_full_lr", 1)

# !! Nathelper
# -- nathelper params --
modparam("registrar", "nat_flag", 6)
modparam("nathelper", "natping_interval", 30) # Ping interval 30 s
modparam("nathelper", "ping_nated_only", 1)   # Ping only clients behind NAT

# !! Accounting
# -- acc params --
# set the reporting log level
modparam("acc", "log_level", 2)   # Set log_level to 2
# number of flag, which will be used for accounting; if a message is
# labeled with this flag, its completion status will be reported
modparam("acc", "log_flag", 1 )
modparam("acc", "log_missed_flag", 2)
modparam("acc", "failed_transactions", 1)
modparam("acc", "report_cancels", 1)
modparam("acc", "db_url", "mysql://ser:heslo@localhost/ser")
modparam("acc", "db_flag", 1)
modparam("acc", "db_missed_flag", 2)

# !! Transaction
# -- tm params --
modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer", 200)

# -------------------------  request routing logic -------------------

# main routing logic

route{

	# initial sanity checks -- messages with
	# max_forwards==0, or excessively long requests
	if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10")) {
		sl_send_reply("483","Too Many Hops");
		break;
	};
	if (msg:len >=  max_len ) {
		sl_send_reply("513", "Message too big");
		break;
	};

        # !! Nathelper
	# Special handling for NATed clients; first, NAT test is
	# executed: it looks for via!=received and RFC1918 addresses
	# in Contact (may fail if line-folding is used); also,
	# the received test should, if completed, should check all
	# vias for rpesence of received
	if (nat_uac_test("3")) {
		# Allow RR-ed requests, as these may indicate that
		# a NAT-enabled proxy takes care of it; unless it is
		# a REGISTER

		if (method == "REGISTER" || ! search("^Record-Route:")) {
		    log("LOG: Someone trying to register from private IP, rewriting\n");

		    # This will work only for user agents that support symmetric
		    # communication. We tested quite many of them and majority is
		    # smart enough to be symmetric. In some phones it takes a
configuration
		    # option. With Cisco 7960, it is called NAT_Enable=Yes, with kphone it
is
		    # called "symmetric media" and "symmetric signalling".

		    fix_nated_contact(); # Rewrite contact with source IP of signalling
		    if (method == "INVITE") {
		        fix_nated_sdp("1"); # Add direction=active to SDP
		    };
		    force_rport(); # Add rport parameter to topmost Via
		    setflag(6);    # Mark as NATed
		};
	};

        # labeled all transaction for accounting
        setflag(1);
        setflag(2);

	# we record-route all messages -- to make sure that
	# subsequent messages will go through our proxy; that's
	# particularly good if upstream and downstream entities
	# use different transport protocol
	if (!method=="REGISTER") record_route();

	# subsequent messages withing a dialog should take the
	# path determined by record-routing
	if (loose_route()) {
		# mark routing logic in request
		append_hf("P-hint: rr-enforced\r\n");
		route(1);
		break;
	};

	if (!uri==myself) {
		# mark routing logic in request
		append_hf("P-hint: outbound\r\n");
		route(1);
		break;
	};

	# if the request is for other domain use UsrLoc
	# (in case, it does not work, use the following command
	# with proper names and addresses in it)
	if (uri==myself) {

		if (method=="REGISTER") {

# Uncomment this if you want to use digest authentication
			if (!www_authorize("220.226.42.185","subscriber")) {
				www_challenge("220.226.42.185", "0");
				break;
			};

			save("location");
			break;
		};

		lookup("aliases");
		if (!uri==myself) {
			append_hf("P-hint: outbound alias\r\n");
			route(1);
			break;
		};

		# native SIP destinations are handled using our USRLOC DB
		if (!lookup("location")) {
			sl_send_reply("404", "Not Found");
			break;
		};
	};
	append_hf("P-hint: usrloc applied\r\n");
	route(1);
}

route[1]
{
	# !! Nathelper
	if (uri=~"[@:](192\.168\.|10\.|172\.(1[6-9]|2[0-9]|3[0-1])\.)" &&
!search("^Route:")){
	    sl_send_reply("479", "We don't forward to private IP addresses");
	    break;
        };

	# if client or server know to be behind a NAT, enable relay
	if (isflagset(6)) {
	    force_rtp_proxy();
	};

	# NAT processing of replies; apply to all transactions (for example,
	# re-INVITEs from public to private UA are hard to identify as
	# NATed at the moment of request processing); look at replies
	t_on_reply("1");

	if(uri=~"^sip:00*")
	{
		rewritehost();
		forward()
		break;
	};

	# send it out now; use stateful forwarding as it works reliably
	# even for UDP2TCP
	if (!t_relay()) {
		sl_reply_error();
	};
}

# !! Nathelper
onreply_route[1] {
    # NATed transaction ?
    if (isflagset(6) && status =~ "(183)|2[0-9][0-9]") {
        fix_nated_contact();
	force_rtp_proxy();
    # otherwise, is it a transaction behind a NAT and we did not
    # know at time of request processing ? (RFC1918 contacts)
    } else if (nat_uac_test("1")) {
        fix_nated_contact();
    };
}