[Serusers] Re: connect_db():too many connections

list at chung.li list at chung.li
Sat Jul 31 01:48:01 CEST 2004

ehlo,

Bernie Hoeneisen writes:

> Hi Bogdan-Andrei et al.!
>
> Recently I ran into the same problem: "Too many connections"
> after configuring the msilo Module.
>
> IMHO over 100 connections is quite a lot...
> Why does SER need so many connections to the MySQL DB?

my mysql server has 2048 connections configured so I think
anything below 512 is not A LOT ...
I think this is necessary because I think ser keep is connection to
mysql opened all time, so if you add a module that use the db
you have to increase the connection limit ... it make sense to me
cheers

Fremen