[Serusers] t_check_status/t_on_failure does not work with ser v.0.8.12 rpm

David Lee d16lee at ryerson.ca
Thu Jul 29 01:56:37 CEST 2004

Hello,

In the admin documentation of ser, it says that all messages greater than 300 are considered failures when using t_on_failure.

In our scenario, we would like the ability to forward to a voice mail on 4xx failure, but not on 302 failure.  We are using XTEN Pro softphones and want to be able to allow users the functionality to forward to another SIP url (uses 302).  But when ser is seeing 302 (and t_on_failure is active) it considers it a failure and immediately runs failure route block (to voicemail).  So our users cannot using forwarding to URL.

An example would be ... When I'm out for lunch I would like to forward my line to my secretary first before going to voicemail.

We saw some mention of t_check_status ... but ser wont start with that in the cfg.  We are using ser  v.0.8.12 rpm.  Is that in a unstable version only.  If some could post how to accomplish this it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kurt