[Serusers] Asterisks to ser to asterisk (voicemail)

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Wed Jul 28 22:04:59 CEST 2004

I have the same issue,

If I get PSTN calls from ASTERISK to SER and I want to redirect calls
from SER to voicemail on the same  *,  SER says loop detected. I use
two gateways to get rid of this.

If there are any ideas how to solve this from configuration of SER I
would love to hear it.

Adrian

Andres wrote:

 >> My question is, is there any way to have ser receive a call from
 >> asterisk and then reroute it back to the same asterisk server without
 >> getting a "loop detected" error?
 >>
 > Aren't you seeing this "loop detected" on the Asterisk CLI??  If so
 > should post this in the Asterisk list instead.  We know this happens
 > anytime you try to loop a call back to Asterisk, but its Asterisk who
 > complains.  Not SER.

Answer from the Asterisk users list :-)

No, there's not a way to do it, but maybe to issue a 302 redirect.
Haven't tried it, but that may work.

The Loop Detected stuff is annoying, yes.

/O