[Serusers] Asterisks to ser to asterisk (voicemail)

GR S gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 22:02:50 CEST 2004

Hello,

--- "Olle E. Johansson" <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> Andres wrote:
>

> >> My question is, is there any way to have ser receive a call from
> >> asterisk and then reroute it back to the same asterisk server without
> >> getting a "loop detected" error?
> >>
> > Aren't you seeing this "loop detected" on the Asterisk CLI??  If so
> > should post this in the Asterisk list instead.  We know this happens
> > anytime you try to loop a call back to Asterisk, but its Asterisk who
> > complains.  Not SER.
> >
> Answer from the Asterisk users list :-)
>
> No, there's not a way to do it, but maybe to issue a 302 redirect.
> Haven't tried it, but that may work.
>
> The Loop Detected stuff is annoying, yes.
>
> /O
>

>From a great fan of Asterisk and SER :-)

I am not sure about the exact problem, but there is another way to acheive this. You dont need to
re-route the calls back from SER to Asterisk. Set a timeout in the Asterisk Dial statement and
forward the call to SER. If the callee attends the call, you can talk, and if not, make Asterisk
forward the call to voicemail when it hits the timeout. I have this feature enabled in a local
system running SER on 5060 and Asterisk on 5070.

Best Regards,

=====
Girish Gopinath  <gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com>