[Serusers] Asterisk for VM - offline users and aliases

Dave Bath dave at fuuz.com
Wed Jul 28 15:09:42 CEST 2004

Hey there List,

People have been very helpful in helping to point me in the right
direction for vm handling using asterisk.. and  I'm making some
progress.  I manage to have some of the calls handed off to asterisk,
using a failure route.   This is the code snippet:

failure_route[4]  {

        # If we've got here, it means that a call timer has expired, and
the user is in the

        # voicemail group. Therefore we're going to try and hand off the
call to the Asterisk

        # voicemail system.

        revert_uri();

        rewritehostport("161.30.94.69:5060");

        log (1, "VOICEMAIL: Handing off to Asterisk\n");

        append_branch();

        t_relay;

}

However, I am seeing two problems which I've been bashing my head
against a brick wall for a little bit ....  The first is that it only
works if you dial the numerical alias, not if you dial the user name...
do you know how I can make sure it's the alias being passed to * and not
the username?

Secondly, even though I have put the logic block for checking if a user
is a vm user before checking if a user is online, I can't seem to get to
the mailbox for an offline user.. I just get a 404 not found....

<snip>

               # Make sure we check the aliases table

                lookup("aliases");

                # Enable diverted voicemail functionlity DB 26-07-2004

                # Does user have vm activated? (i.e., is in the
voicemail (ser->grp) group?)

                if (!(method=="MESSAGE") && (is_user_in("Request-URI",
"voicemail"))) {

                  log(1, "VOICEMAIL: vm user detected, activating
failure route");

                  t_on_failure("4");

                  setflag(3);

                };

                # native SIP destinations are handled using our USRLOC
DB

                if (!lookup("location")) {  # BEGIN if not in location
database

</snip>

If you have any ideas at all, I would be very very grateful.

Many thanks again for all the help...

Dave