[Serusers] ld.so.preload

Masoud Safi masoudsafi at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 27 20:00:47 CEST 2004

Greetings,

Under my Redhat 9.0, I have installed SER from source.  Trying to launch it
but it fails with the following in my strace output.

execve("/usr/local/sbin/ser", ["ser"], [/* 25 vars */]) = 0
uname({sys="Linux", node="sipsvr2", ...}) = 0
brk(0)                                  = 0x81be9b8
open("/etc/ld.so.preload", O_RDONLY)    = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)

A search of my HDD for file ld.so.preload did not find a file by that name.

Any idea what ld.so.preload is, what it does and how I can fix this problem?

Thanks
MS