[Serusers] SEMS Voicemail Vs SER vm module

Koyama Zehi zehi_koyama at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 24 11:25:02 CEST 2004

Dear Steve,
Thnk you very much for you mail and teaching to me some good facts about SEMS and SER. As i am very new in this domain thats why I could not undersatnd fully your mail text, even i could not understand your first paln..any i think what i am wishing is matching with your second plan. i am just telling to you what i want to do.
Suppose "koyama" is registered with SER after half an hour "koyama "  logout (I mean to say that unregister) from SER now if say "Steve" is registered with SER and wants to make a sip call to "koyama" because she is unavailabe at this time and wants her message on her mail id on zehi_koyama at yahoo.com. then how she has to setup her SEMS server..what special setting is required in ser.cfg, on what basis ser will communicate to SEM. what module of ser will communicate to SEMS.
SEMS will run on the same machine or it will run on different machine. Is their some scripts in SEMS like ser (Ser.cfg)....
I am attaching my ser.cfg scripts please send me your running ser.cfg scripts and please teach me about my dougts...
thanks in advance...

SER.CFG

# $Id: ser.cfg,v 1.21.4.1 2003/11/10 15:35:15 andrei Exp $
# simple quick-start config script
# ----------- global configuration parameters ------------------------

#debug=3         # debug level (cmd line: -dddddddddd)
#fork=yes
#log_stderror=no            # (cmd line: -E)
/*
#Uncomment these lines to enter debugging mode
debug=7
fork=no
log_stderror=yes

*/
check_via=no    # (cmd. line: -v)
dns=no           # (cmd. line: -r)
rev_dns=no      # (cmd. line: -R)
#port=5060
#children=4
fifo="/tmp/ser_fifo"
# ------------------ module loading ----------------------------------
# Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/mysql.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/sl.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/tm.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/rr.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/maxfwd.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/usrloc.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/registrar.so"
# HSL for VM
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/textops.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/vm.so"
#loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/dbtext.so"
# Uncomment this if you want digest authentication
# mysql.so must be loaded !
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/auth.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/auth_db.so"
# ----------------- setting module-specific parameters ---------------
# -- usrloc params --
#modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   0)
# Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database

# for persistent storage and comment the previous line
modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 2)
# -- auth params --
# Uncomment if you are using auth module
modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", yes)
# If you set "calculate_ha1" parameter to yes (which true in this config),
# uncomment also the following parameter)
modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "password")
# -- rr params --

# add value to ;lr param to make some broken UAs happy

modparam("rr", "enable_full_lr", 1)
# time to give up on ringing -- global timer, applies to
#    all transactions
modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer", 90)

# ----------------- setting module-specific parameters ---------------
modparam("voicemail", "db_url","sql://ser:heslo@dbhost/ser")

# -------------------------  request routing logic -------------------
# main routing logic
route{

 # initial sanity checks -- messages with
 # max_forwars==0, or excessively long requests
 if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10")) {
  sl_send_reply("483","Too Many Hops");
  break;
 };
 if (len_gt( max_len )) {
  sl_send_reply("513", "Message too big");
  break;
 };
 if (!uri==myself) {
  sl_send_reply("404", "not reponsible for host in r-uri");
  break;
 };

 # Voicemail specific configuration - begin
 if(method=="ACK" || method=="INVITE" || method=="BYE"){
  if (!t_newtran()) {
   log("could not create new transaction\n");
   sl_send_reply("500","could not create new transaction");
   break;
  };
  t_reply("100","Trying -- just wait a minute !");
  if(method=="INVITE"){
   log("**************** vm start - begin ******************\n");
   if (uri=~"sip:as_welcome at .*" || uri=~"sip:as_nomoney at .*") {
                  if (!vm("/tmp/am_fifo", "announcement")) {
            log("couldn't contact announcement server\n");
     t_reply("500", "couldn not contact announcement server");
    };
   } else {
    if(!vm("/tmp/am_fifo","voicemail")){
     log("could not contact the answer machine\n");
     t_reply("500","could not contact the answer machine");
    };
   };
   log("**************** vm start - end ******************\n");
  } else if(method=="BYE"){
   log("**************** vm end - begin ******************\n");
   if(!vm("/tmp/am_fifo","bye")){
    log("could not contact the answer machine\n");
    t_reply("500","could not contact the answer machine");
   };
   log("**************** vm end - end ******************\n");
  };
  break;
 };
 if (method=="CANCEL") {
  sl_send_reply("200", "cancels are junked here");
  break;
 };
 sl_send_reply("501", "method not understood here");
}

Steve Blair <blairs at isc.upenn.edu> wrote:

Koyama:

I tried SEMS in two different modes. First a mode where the call ad to
enter a pin to access the voicemail system and second where unanswered
calls "roll over" to SEMS. In the first case just put the check for the pin
in your ser config as you would with any other number within the dialplan.
Digits matching the pin get sent to the SEMS interface as outlined in the
documentation.

In the second case I run a second instance of the SER proxy to provide
the interface between the failure_route function of the transaction
module and
the SEMS fifo interface. The second instance of SER only need those config
statements to identify the port, lisen address, fifo name/privs and any call
processing logic.

Then I copied the serctl script to serctl, serctl_vm and semsctl so I
can start
each process. The fifo name for the second SER process must be different
than the first.

good luck,
Steve