[Serusers] SEMS Voicemail Vs SER vm module

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Fri Jul 23 19:21:25 CEST 2004

Winston:

  I tried SEMS in two different modes. First a mode where the caller had to
enter a pin to access the voicemail system and second where unanswered
calls "roll over" to SEMS. In the first case just put the check for the pin
in your ser config as you would with any other number within the dialplan.
Digits matching the pin get sent to the SEMS interface as outlined in the
documentation.

  In the second case I run a second instance of the SER proxy to provide
the interface between the failure_route function of the transaction
module and
the SEMS fifo interface. The second instance of SER only need those config
statements to identify the port, listen address, fifo name/privs and any
call
processing logic.

  Then I copied the serctl script to serctl, serctl_vm and semsctl so I
can start
each process. The fifo name for the second SER process must be different
than the first.

good luck,
Steve