[Serusers] Re: Using Asterisk as mediagateway with or without

AG Projects support support at ag-projects.com
Fri Jul 23 12:32:37 CEST 2004

Leon,

1. Media is normally not accepted by the gateway if is not already
negotiated in the signalling. So nobody would be able to get in the
middle unless they have control of the signaling which you took
provision to protect already. So you are on the safe side unless there
are bugs in your gateway.

2. If you use a media session controller you can enforce more checks in
there and allow media ports at PSTN gateway originating only from that
session controller same as you did for

Mvg,
Adrian

Does anyone have an answer to this ? It's not really SER or Asterisk
related, but more generic about security for a mediagateway..

Regards,

Leon

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 10:43, Leon de Rooij wrote:
 > Hi again :)
 >
 > Got one more question about using a mediagateway. Right now I've got
 > everything configured that SER relays the call to our mediagateway
 > (asterisk) when necessary. The mediagateway is also on a public IP,
but
 > only accepting UDP port 5060 connections from the SER proxy. (We use
RP