[Serusers] Ring count verse timer driver transaction forwarding

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Wed Jul 21 19:04:52 CEST 2004

   It is my understanding that the fr_timer and fr_inv_timer in the
transaction module govern the duration timer for non-INVITE
provisional-INVITE transactions and the time to wait for an
INVITE to be ACK'd.

   Some users of our system have asked if we can set on a per user
bases the number of rings before SER assumes the call will be
unanswered and takes subsequent action, like sending the call to
voicemail.

   I didn't see anything that suggested this was possible. Is it possible?

Thanks,Steve

--

ISC Network Engineering
The University of Pennsylvania