[Serusers] Spontaneous UDP Port Change on SMC Router

Andres andres at telesip.net
Mon Jul 19 01:14:12 CEST 2004

Hi,

This is a new one for us.  We were getting complaints of dropped calls
from one of our subscribers.  We analyzed sample calls and it turns our
his SMC Router is spontaneously changing the source UDP port of the
media stream in the middle of the call!

Has anybody else seen this strange behaviour on any router?

The problem also affects SIP registrations.  Even with a Keep Alive of 3
seconds in the Sipura settings, the SMC spontaneously changes ports
every 5-6 minutes.

--
Andres
Network Admin