[Serusers] question...

Arnd Vehling av at nethead.de
Sat Jul 17 12:26:59 CEST 2004

Hi,
Chris Crawford wrote:
> Does anyone know how to do the following (if it can be done at all)?
 >
> In the ser.cfg, I would like to use a return value from a module’s
> function as a prefix to a URI.
>
> ….
>
> VALUE=function_a(  );    ß exported from a module
>
> prefix( “$VALUE” );          ß URI prefix’ing of user routine
>
> ….

Unluckily you cant use Variables atm. What you can do is modify the
r-uri directly from your c module function. I suggest you have a look
at the textutil module and look there at the subst_uri function.

Subst uri manipulates the r-uri so most of the coding you need should
be there, you only need to write your specific code for your prefix
manipulation.

   :: arnd ::