[Serusers] Help - acc.so problemy

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Fri Jul 16 17:52:22 CEST 2004

On Jul 16, 2004 at 23:42, Winston <wchai at pacific.net.sg> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to setup the call accounting for SER 0.8.12 in RH 9 with MySQL.
>
> However,I compiled the modules for SER and I am currently facing a problem
> with the compiled version acc.so. The SER application cannot be started
> properly.
>
> The error is as below:
>
> Jul 16 23:37:37 himalayas ser: Listening on
> Jul 16 23:37:37 himalayas ser:               202.8.42.211
> [202.8.42.211]:5060
> Jul 16 23:37:37 himalayas ser: Aliases: himalayas.homelinux.com:*
> Jul 16 23:37:37 himalayas ser: ser startup succeeded
> Jul 16 23:37:37 himalayas /usr/local/sbin/ser[2098]: connect_db(): Too many
> connections

Increase you mysql max_connection, or use fewer ser processes.
>From sip_router/INSTALL:

D) ser with Persistent Data Storage

The default configuration is very simple and features many simplifications.
In particular, it does not authenticate users and loses User Location database
on reboot. To provide persistence, keep user credentials and remember users'
locations across reboots, ser can be configured to use MySQL. Before you proceed,
you need to make sure MySQL is installed on your box. Your MySQL server must be
configured to deal with a large number of connection. To increase it, set the
following line in [mysqld] section of your configuration file:

   set-variable    = max_connections=500

Andrei