[Serusers] route managment

Andres andres at telesip.net
Wed Jul 14 22:43:05 CEST 2004

>>approach is completely impractical for a large network.  Just imagine a
>>network with 20 Gateways...100 Gateways...
>>

>  You can use m4 (or any other) preprocessor to generate the
>  configuration file. It is not the best solution but it certainly
>  helps. A sample file for m4 can be found in sip_router/etc/rules.m4,
>  sample config file using this approach is in
>  sip_router/etc/ser.cfg.m4 (in unstable cvs branch).
>
>    Jan.

Hi Jan,

Maybe I am missing something here but I thought ser.cfg had a limit of
20 route blocks.  Even if we use m4 wouldn't we have this limit?  If so
then how can we implement 100 gateway routes elegantly in their own
route block?  Must we stuff 5 per route block or all in one huge PSTN
route block?

Thanks,

--
Andres