[Serusers] Aliasing problem

Dave Bath dave at fuuz.com
Wed Jul 14 20:40:20 CEST 2004

Hey guys,

I have been playing with SER for a few days now, and apart from having
to rebuild all the RPMs to get it working on FC1 with mysql4 (mysql4 is
apparently not officially supported in FC1 ?!) everything was smooth and
dandy.  Really enjoying using such a powerful and flexible product.

However, I have one problem, and I've done my best to trawl all the
groups and lists, and debug it myself and I cannot work out what is
going on - perhaps I just don't understand how it works properly.  I am
trying to set numerical aliases so that incoming routing can be handled
more easily by a PSTN gateway.  I am trying the command:

Serctl alias add 1000 sip:admin@<sipserver>

I get a reply that the alias has been added (once a previous message on
this list pointed out that I needed to add lookup("aliases"); to
ser.cfg)!

The problem is the mysql table is still empty - although serctl says
that the alias has been added, it doesn't seem to have been. When I try
and call "1000" I get a 404 not found, but calling "admin" works fine.

Does anyone have any ideas?!

Also, on a slight side note, I was assuming that the aliases are
reboot-safe... they're stored in the database and will get reloaded if
ser is rebooted.  Is this the case by default or does an option need to
be enabled?

Sorry for the long post.  Many thanks to everyone who has worked on
this, and it would be fantastic to get this last bit sorted out.

Cheers,

Dave

Inmarsat Ltd

Global Satellite Communications