[Serusers] Processing a 302 Redirect response

Robert Liao robert at liaonet.com
Tue Jul 13 21:29:32 CEST 2004

How can you configure SER to process a 302 redirect, rather then sending it
back to the SIP Client?

When my SIP client places a call through SER to a destination, and the
destination replies with a 302 redirect, SER seems to proxy that redirect
back to my SIP client.  Rather then have my client send a second invite with
the new "Contact" information, I would rather have SER directly send an
invite to the new destination without telling my client about the 302
redirect.

I thought about using the t_on_failure, as a response code >=300 will
trigger a failure_route, but how do you pull the content out of the
"Contact" field of the response to put into the request URI?

- Robert Liao