[Serusers] Nathelper question

Zeus Ng zeus.ng at isquare.com.au
Tue Jul 13 02:16:25 CEST 2004

Certainly, I agree with you that the checking has its own weakness, I admit
it and I'm well aware of it.

This applies to some cable ISP as well as large organisation. For the
majority DSL users, I rarely have any trouble.

For users using cable ISP that NATed their internet connection, I do have
logic to check that and will force rtp proxying. However, they still have
trouble with other P2P applications. One by one, these users are moving away
from this kind of cable.

As for large organisation, most of them are deploying this kind of service
in-house. Also, they are responsible to maintain reasonable routing within
their organisation. If they are using two NATs to prevent communication from
one network to another network, I don't want to be the middle man helping
their users to violate their company policy.

Hopefully, all those whose adopt my logic understand what they are doing.

Zeus