[Serusers] quiting immediately

Cyprien Simons cyprien.simons at tu-berlin.de
Mon Jul 12 12:54:44 CEST 2004

Hi everybody,

I got a problem with launching ser. It launch correctly, but quit immediately
without prompting an error message. I took a look in the /var/log/messages
file and there is what I found:

ser: INFO: SIGCHLD received: we do not worry about grand-children
ser: DEBUG: tm_shutdown: releasing timers
ser: DEBUG: tm_shutdown : removing semaphores
ser: DEBUG: tm_shutdown : done
ser: shm_mem_destroy
ser: destroying the shared memory lock

This computer is running SuSE 9.1 with ser 0.8.12 and this problem wasn't
there last week. It just appeared today. Since I'm not the only one working
on this computer, something could have been modified, but I'm wondering
what...

Cyprien