[Serusers] Generic Question

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Mon Jul 12 09:50:12 CEST 2004

On 05-07 13:25, Kiko Vives wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm new to this list and I have several doubts about how SER works. I have been working with H323 til last week ( installing and configuring a GNUGK ) in my work and now I have to face SIP.
>
> It would be perfect if someone could help me just answering these questions:
>
> 1.- Once SER is installed with a public IP of my network, can I enforce all clients inside ( with private IP ) to go through the SER server always ? I mean, calls generated inside my network to outside and the calls generated from outside clients ( who are not registered to my SER server ) to inside clients. I don't want anyone from inside to establish a call without using the SER server and viceversa.

  You would have to block all the traffic that is not targeted to your
  server, that is hardly possible, I could always use a different
  port/IP if I would like to bypass your SER.

> 2.- An outside client who is only registered with Microsoft Registar ( .NET account I think ), could be reached from a client who is only register with "my" SER server ? And what about the other way round ?

  I am not sure I understand, outside clients can reach your subscribers
  by calling sip:username at your_server

> 3.- Does anyone know any free SIP client with videoconference support for Linux / Windows ? ( Not only VoIP, audio + video ).

  kphone, http://www.wirlab.net/kphone

   Jan.