[Serusers] problem running sar on openBSD

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Sat Jul 10 21:25:01 CEST 2004

On Jul 09, 2004 at 06:48, Daryl P. Williams <daryl at weblane.com> wrote:
> helo folks. i am new to sip and looking for some guidence on getting
> ser up and running. my apologes if i am not addressing the correct list
> for this topic.
>
> i've just built ser on an openbsd system running on a sparc ultra 5.
> the software seemed to build fine. however when i try to run the ser
> binary i get  a bunch of error messages about:

Are you using the latest stable cvs (rel_0_8_12)? If not please
 switch to it (see http://www.iptel.org/ser/cvs/) or use the latest ser
 tarball from http://www.iptel.org/~andrei/ser_tarballs/stable/).
There were some problem with openbsd 3.4 (ser build system assumed
openbsd is aout only), but they were fixed some time ago.

> ser: WARNING: could not read from /dev/random (5)
> ser:/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/sl.so: undefined symbol 'dont_fork'
> ser: ERROR: no version info in module
> </usr/local/lib/ser/modules/sl.so>: Unable to resolve symbol

If you still get this problems with the latest version, please send me
the output of:
nm ser
nm -D ser
objdump -T ser

# same thing on one of the modules:

nm modules/textops/textops.so
nm -D modules/textops/textops.so  # or objdump -T ...

Andrei