[Serusers] ERROR: receive_msg: no mem for sip_msg

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Jul 8 15:46:17 CEST 2004

On Jul 08, 2004 at 15:15, Roman <leroi at navigator.lv> wrote:
> I get this error when a client tries to connect. I recompiled ser with
> PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE 10240*1024 and PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE 40960*1024 but it had no
> effect.
> Anyone faced the same?

No, you might have found a memory leak.

What version of ser are you using? (ser -V)

Try to compile ser without -DF_MALLOC and with -DDBG_QM_MALLOC
(edit Makefile.defs and replace -DF_MALLOC with -DDBG_QM_MALLOC).

In ser.cfg set debug=1 (not to have tons of malloc debugging messages)
and memlog=0. When you start getting the out of mem. messages again
 just stop ser (kill -TERM) and send us the full log (probably huge).
 Use serteam at iptel.org.
Try also to set PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE to a lower value (1024*1024 or
4096*1024) to get this error faster.

Thanks,
Andrei