[Serusers] SERWEB configuration problem

Bogdan-Andrei IANCU iancu at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Jul 8 13:52:07 CEST 2004

Hi,

please see commnets inline
bogdan

Ing. Francesco Russo - NoCable s.p.a. wrote:

> Dear Friends,
> i have installed SER correctly, it works well and registers users
> present in mysql database.
>
> After SER installation i have installed SERWEB following step by step
> Dan Austin's HOW-TO.
> I have encountered this problems:
>
> 1) The web interface don't displays correclty...i don't see the
> background images, but the buttons are visible.

what exactly background images are you talking about - there are no such
images

> 2) When a user logs in, on the missed_calls tab, i see the message
> "error in SQL query, line: 77"

most probably you have a mysql version older than 4.0.0 and it doesn't
support UNIONs. Check in the log of the mysql server.

> 3) When i click on email confirmation link....i see on the web page
> the message "400 Table "aliases" not in memory, please run
> save("aliases") or lookup("aliases") in the confirmation script first"

you have to put somewhere in your ser.cfg lookup or save("aliases") to
force ser to generate into memeory the aliases table - if there are no
reference from script to aliases, makes no sens to ser to build the
table into mem.