[Serusers] I need HELP for Initial SETUP

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at iptel.org
Wed Jul 7 11:11:08 CEST 2004

Salut

On 7/7/2004 2:59 AM, Barbulescu, Bogdan wrote:

>>Hi Guys,
>>
>>I would like to set up your server for testing purposes.
>>
>>I will install it on a pentium box using redhat 9.
>>
>>The server is running,
>>ser is installed,
>>Mysql is running.
>>I need to set up the SerWeb but the documentation is poor.

yes, that's true. We hope that one of guys installing serweb will put
together some step-by-step doc and return it to community. We can help
with some hints, but you have to tell where you get stuck. Also, the
mailing list archive is a big resource of info about this topic. Some
hints for serweb installation start up:

- identify the version compatible with ser version you use
- MySQL should be v4.0 or greater (to support UNION)
- PHP >= v4.3,  register_globals=on and short_open_tag = on
- look into config.php (iptel/html/config.php) -- there are some
comments which might help and this is the file that should be mainly
modified to fit your needs. The latest CVS version has this file split
in several cfg  files.

>>I have tried to install also the radius server but I do not have the libradius.so.0 so the installation was not completed.

FreeRADIUS comes with this file, maybe there is a special package for
RH. Usually there is libradius-0.X.X.so and libradius.so.0 is a symbolic
link, which you can create if does not exist. Much better would be to
install ser from sources, it is easy to update when new patches are
released and it will be linked to your versions of libraries which might
be different from ones of packaging system.

>>Who can help !!!
>>
>>If you have the doc in german or romanian it will do it for me.

If we would have it either in german or romanian we would be able to
translate it in english :-)

Daniel