SV: [Serusers] ENUM parsing error?

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri Jul 2 21:13:14 CEST 2004

Kerker Staffan writes:

 > Yes, using the "!" instead makes it work. Is it common to use other
 > delimiters, since the Cisco SIP proxy parses correctly when using the
 > "wrong" delimiters? I know what the RFC says, but just wondering.

rfc3824 says:

   It is RECOMMENDED that
   implementations use an exclamation point as a delimiter, since this
   is the only delimiter used throughout the ENUM core specification.

all naptr record examples in all rfcs and internet drafts that i have
seen use !  as delimiter.  so it is a very common practice to use !.

-- juha