[Serusers] New versions of RTP proxy/nathelper commited

Andres andres at telesip.net
Fri Jan 30 07:10:28 CET 2004

Hi Maxim,

I am in the process of testing this new version in our lab with 0.8.13.
We have been using the older versions with great success for many months
now.   But the new version does not work.  We are testing with
Grandstream and Sipura units.  When a Sipura calls another Sipura,  the
nathelper/rtpproxy fails to insert the proper "Connection Information
(c)" in the SDP. Instead of filling in the IP Address of the RTPProxy it
just leaves the same address and adds these  four characters "\000" to
the end which seem to make the other Sipura unhappy because it
terminates the call right away with a "488- Not Acceptable" Message.

When a Grandstream is making the call, the same thing happens, with the
exception of the four characters.  (IP Address in Connection Information
(c) is not updated)

The Ports do seem to get changed appropiately by the nathelper/rtpproxy
in both cases.  But since the IP is not substituted there is no chance
of audio being setup properly.

I can send the Ethereal traces if  you want.

Let me know what we can do to fix this issue.

Thanks,

--
Andres
Network Admin