[Serusers] config / accounting help

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Fri Jan 30 00:22:01 CET 2004

At 12:08 AM 1/30/2004, Matt Hess wrote:
>I sent the complete cfg file earlier and didn't want to duplicate it if it was unnecessary..

ignore my previous request to resent the config file -- I didn't realize
it is the same one. Anyhow, my previous email should have answered your
questions.

>and as I've been reading.. statefull ransactions are required for acc .. yes?

It depends on what you want to do. Typically, you wish to account on result of
proxied transactions -- that's why you need state: you keep original requests
in memory, correlate them with replies and generate a report eventually which
uses information from both stored request and received replies.

In your script however, you generate local replies if some undesirable conditions
occur (Incorrect domain, etc.) It does not seem reasonable to flood accoutning
with reports on all localy denied request. I better suggest generating all
local negative replies statelessly -- that scales a way better.

-jiri