[Serusers] SER + Proxy + NAT

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Thu Jan 29 11:00:06 CET 2004

Edson,

Putting a NAT traversal solution behing NAT is a chicken and eg
problem, isn't it?

--
Adrian

Hi all...

I look through the list's archives, but an not finding info to help me.

The goal is use SER but not instaled in the GW/FW (it's not an
acceptable
option, well it's acceptable, but not for now). So I'm trying to put
the SER
in the Internal LAN (it could be installed in a DMZ also). So the
question
is if there is any proxy that could be putted on the GW/FW to handle
incomming calls (INVITEs) and forward it correctly to the SER machine
taken
over the NAT issues?

I already look at SIProxd and RTProxy, but the first didn't forward
incomming calls, and the second demands that it be instaled, with SER
on the
GW/FW. I also am looking at SERMediaProxy (RTProxy alternative) but the
documentations aren't sufficient detailed to answer my question. Any
help
would be appreciated.

Edson.