[Serusers] Re: SER - ACK/BYE Request forwarded over UDP

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Wed Jan 21 09:54:55 CET 2004

On Jan 20, 2004 at 17:26, RS  Nathan <rsnathan77 at rediffmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Iam currently using SER version 0.8.11 for testing our SIP implementation over TCP. I find that the ACK and BYE messages are forwarded over UDP instead of TCP
>
> The following are the configuration information (transport as TCP)
> Users:
> 1.	called/0  (192.168.0.2)
> 2.	calling/0 (192.168.0.4)
>
> Domain: 192.168.0.1
> Proxy IP: 192.168.0.1
>
> I have also attached the ethereal capture file containing the message transactions.

You forgot to attach it.

Probably you are not record-routing all the messages and use something
like forward(uri:host) or t_relay and the uri in the messages forwarded
over udp does not include the "transport=tcp" parameter (if no transport
is specified the default one is tcp). It is probably a bug in your UAs.

Andrei