[Serusers] Installation problem

Annie Sasidar asasidar at mail.unomaha.edu
Mon Jan 19 05:25:44 CET 2004

Hi,
  I had ser-0.8-11 on linux 8.0. I downloaded the 0.8.12 version. When i
run the rpm pakage i get the following error:
file /usr/lib/ser/modules/*.so from install of ser-0.8.12-0 conflicts with
file from package ser-0.8.11-0.
I had deleted all the ser-0.8.11-0 files before i did this installation.
Where is this error coming from?

Also, i want to work with the dbtext module which needs that i work with
the source module only but when i do a rpm -i the installation is done.
What is the way around this? The command ./ser -f ser.cfg comes up with
errors, where can i view these errors?

Any pointers will be of great help.
Thanks,
Annie