[Serusers] Using username aliases

Jim Burwell jimb at jsbc.cc
Thu Jan 15 23:27:33 CET 2004

Aliases in SER are very simple.  When you call lookup("aliases"), it
simply replaces the matched username with whatever is in the alias.  If
you want an alias to result in a call to PSTN, just do the lookup before
your PSTN call matching logic in ser.cfg, and have the alias entry
produce something which matches your PSTN call matchign logic.  Like, if
you want 8910 to call 5511xxxxxx, just have an alias for "8910" ->
"sip:5511xxxxxx at domain", and make sure theres logic to route that
particular URI to PSTN after the alias lookup.

Fábio Silvestri wrote:

> Ok, but down't work!
>
> I have change the db_mode to 1 to immediately change sql db after use
> serctl, I can see the alias on tables aliases, but when a dial a
> number when the ser must to forward do username they forward to pstn...
>

> Jan Janak wrote:
>
>> To ser.cfg yes, then you have to create the alias using serctl utility.
>>
>>   Jan.
>>
>> On 14-01 18:46, Fábio Silvestri wrote:
>>
>>> Hi ser users,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to dialling to a aliases for username, I want do alias
>>> the username 8910 with pstn number 5511xxxxxxxx.
>>>
>>> I have put a 'lookup("aliases");', does this is the only change I
>>> have to do on ser.cfg ?

|         Jim Burwell - Sr. Systems/Network/Security Engineer, JSBC         |
| "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education." - Mark Twain   |
| "UNIX was never designed to keep people from doing stupid things, because |
|  that policy would also keep them from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn  |
| "Cool is only three letters away from Fool" - Mike Muir, Suicyco          |
| "..Government in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst     |
|  state an intolerable one.." - Thomas Paine, "Common Sense" (1776)        |
|   Email:  jimb at jsbc.cc                              ICQ UIN:  1695089     |
|  Reply problems ?  Turn off the "sign" function in email prog.  Blame MS. |