[Serusers] Serweb Error : 500 fifo_uac: no mem for hf block

Jim Burwell jimb at jsbc.cc
Thu Jan 15 23:20:09 CET 2004

When you click on a contact in SERweb, it invokes a "click to dial"
script which uses t_uac_dlg FIFO command.

The error you are getting is the one SER returns for this FIFO call when
it can't resolve the SIP domain of the user you are calling.  SER
requires that the SIP domain is either resolvable in DNS, the /etc/hosts
file, or a DNS SRV entry to know how to route these calls, EVEN if the
SIP domain is ITSELF.

In this case you're not calling SER and walking through the .cfg file,
etc.  SER is simply acting as a UA and trying to call the user at sipdomain
without looking in locations, checking any uri=myself type rules, etc
(the config script isn't run at all until SER calls itself by sending
the packet to itself, which require then name resolution).  You can
probably think of it as simply calling t_relay() directly.  If you use
an IP address, it works fine, but of course SERweb stuff you click on
for CTD usually arn't IP addresses.  Define the SIP domain you are
calling in /etc/hosts, DNS, or define a DNS SRV message for the SIP
domain, it will work with a textual SIP address.  I suggest using the
DNS SRV entry, since defining your domain in hosts or DNS can cause BAD
problems with other functions in your domain, such as mail delivery, or
if you have your domain pointed to your WWW server so that users can
type just the domain name w/o "www" and get to your web site (common
practice).

There may be other solutions too, such as including Route headers in the
INVITE message, but I don't know if t_uac_dlg pays attention to these,
or how these are properly formed, etc.  iptel guys ?

- Jim

CURRO_DOMINGUEZ wrote:

>Hello
>
> I continue with my tests on SER. Things are going OK, so really
> thanks.
>
> I have this error in serweb. I connect as an user and go to phonebook.
> When I click on sip address of my contacts, I get this message on a
> newwindow:
>
> 500 fifo_uac: no mem for hf block.
>
> ¿Is this normal?
>
> And I have this problem too: I can't send IM from serweb. When I click
> on send, I get
>
> 478 fifo_uac: Unresolveable destination (478/FIFO/UAC)
>
> However, the SIP clients are running OK.
>
> Again, thank you very much
>
> Curro

|         Jim Burwell - Sr. Systems/Network/Security Engineer, JSBC         |
| "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education." - Mark Twain   |
| "UNIX was never designed to keep people from doing stupid things, because |
|  that policy would also keep them from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn  |
| "Cool is only three letters away from Fool" - Mike Muir, Suicyco          |
| "..Government in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst     |
|  state an intolerable one.." - Thomas Paine, "Common Sense" (1776)        |
|   Email:  jimb at jsbc.cc                              ICQ UIN:  1695089     |
|  Reply problems ?  Turn off the "sign" function in email prog.  Blame MS. |