[Serusers] SIP client and serweb

CURRO_DOMINGUEZ CURRO_DOMINGUEZ at terra.es
Wed Jan 14 16:23:11 CET 2004

Hello everybody

Well, we have been able to make a Voice call between two Nortel SIP
clients using SER. It's great! Thanks for your help.

I have a question about user's contacts. In one hand, I can use serweb
to login with my username and add sip contacts or add phonebook entries.
In other hand, I can use my client to add new contacts. Moreover, the
client can tell me if my contacts are online or offline.

But the two ways don't display the same information, it means, from
serweb I add several sip address (I check that are recorded at ser
database) but this addresses are not imported when I start the SIP
client.

I need my client import sip contacts ( in a very similar way like MSN
Messenger) from server. Is there any way to do this? Does the client
have to make a request to the server or is the server who has to send
this information when it receives a REGISTER?

Or maybe SER is not intended to do this?

Thank you very much for your help.

Curro