[Serusers] Call Forward Uncontitionally

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Sun Jan 11 00:15:37 CET 2004

Why don't you update user location database? At least I do so if I wish to
have my cell phone ringing in parallel to my SIP phone.

-jiri

At 01:34 PM 1/10/2004, Marcello Lupo wrote:
>Hi to all,
>i have to implement the call transfer service for our offices using SER.
>We have a PSTN gateway (cisco 3725) that receive calls from PSTN to out VOIP
>equipments. I have already implemented an interface to let the user to
>activate the CFU and set it in a database.
>I made an external script to check this database (made in php). If is the CFU
>it active it rewrite the uri with the new destination number.
>Now i have accomplished to all work but i don't know how to make an IF
>statement based on a result of an esternal script i.e.:
>
>if(external_script==1) do the rewriting;
>else continue with the traversal of the rules.
>
>I need to do this in this way becouse after this check i have other rules that
>manage outgoing calls from VOIP so i need that if the CFU is not active the
>next rule have to be checked to determine the real destination address.

I think exec_dest returns tru on success and false otherwise, doesn't it?

>After this i have another problem:
>If the call transfer is active the source number is leaved as is and the
>central Phone Switch do not allow to pass that number as source number, so it
>keep the default number (or anonymous) to originate the call. This becouse
>being on the client side we cannot generate the calls with all the source we
>want.
>I place the example:
>
>A) Calling number:  123456 (from PSTN)
>B) Called Number: 555555 (on VOIP)
>C) Transferred number : 999999 (on PSTN selected by VOIP user 555555 to
>transfer the call to)
>D) Default Number of the PRI : 111111
>
>I am the user B and activate the call transfer to C.
>A call come from A to B.
>The SIP proxy receive the call and change the destination from B to C and
>mantain the source as A.
>When the Cisco generate the call to C it keep as source A and destination C.
>The problem is that A is not allowed as outgoing number from the PRI in this
>way the switch take the default number D as source and the customer on C see
>the D number as originator.

That's not related to call forwarding, is it? (A is same regardless if B
forwards to C or not.) Why do you set up a numbering policy at the gateway
which does not allow number of user A?

Anyway, you can "override" A's number with remote-party-ID.

>This is not a wanted behaviour becouse the user is not able to know he is
>calling him.
>I know that there is a way to change the answer of SIP to insert B as source
>and C as destination and A as CC-Diversion in the sip request.
>In this way the cisco will put in the ISDN setup the redirecting number A and
>the switch box will interpret it as source.
>I have not so much experience in SIP Proxy to do it.

that's what SER's rpid support is good for. Cisco supports it today.

-jiri