[Serusers] SIP to H323 Proxy/Gateway?

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Sat Jan 10 00:01:28 CET 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 11:20:28PM +0100, Arnd Vehling wrote:

> is there a piece of software which will connect a SIP Proxy to
> a H323 Gatekeeper/Softswitch?
>
> We want to route SIP calls into a H323 network for PSTN termination
> and and call routing to H323 endpoints within the H323 network.
>
> We are currently testing Vovidas siph323csgw but with no avail.
> Has anyone a similiar setup? If yes, which software youre using?

Asterisk should be able to sit between the two networks.  Never done it,
but it does support both H.323 and SIP and conversion from one type to
another.

--
Jamin W. Collins

This is the typical unix way of doing things: you string together lots
of very specific tools to accomplish larger tasks. -- Vineet Kumar