[Serusers] Medium to large scale SER setup examples

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Fri Jan 9 20:59:24 CET 2004

Hello,

On Friday 09 January 2004 18:27, Arnd Vehling wrote:
> are there any examples on how to setup/config/deploy a medium to large
> scale SER
> installation with loadbalancing, distributed servers etc?!

What means "medium to large" for you? Without numbers i would answer: it
depends ;-)
And what to you mean with examples? There are large SER installations, but we
will for sure not publish the configs of our customers :-)

Because of the performance of SER non of our customers required loadbalacing
yet (just for performace issues). BTW load balacing of SIP is not that easy
(if oyu are also concerned about availability) like for e.g. HTTP, because of
UDP and transaction statefullness.

For availability there are commercial solutions available from iptel.org.
But for large scale SER installations i would suggest that you think about
purchasing commercial support from iptel.org.

Regards
  Nils