[Serusers] can SCS-Client work with SER?

Kevin Chu kevin.chu at viditec.com
Fri Jan 9 18:16:50 CET 2004

Hi Greg,

I got the same problem as you did, and still waiting for response
from the contact person.

One of the feature I like for the SCS client is that it can show
the capabilities of your buddies just on the buddy list. Another one
is it can select the IM in either secure (TLS) or insecure mode per
connection. However, TLS is only supported by the Advanced and Professional
versions as claimed.

Of course, we still need the SIP server/service to support TLS for using
that feature. Is ser/iptel.org supporting of planning to support TLS in
the public domain?

I think the demand for secured IM over public domain is getting higher, and
I personally would like to see the service similar to Yahoo business IM but
based on SIP.

Regards,
Kevin