[Serusers] more about record route

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 3 18:34:25 CET 2004

Jan Janak wrote:

> Yes, you are right, I confused two things -- target refreshers are not
> related to record-routing, they update just remote target, thanks for
> pointing this out.
>
> Anyway, you still don't know if message FOOBAR creates dialog.

Well, IMO absence or presence of tag in the To header field should be
the definite difference between the two. INVITE which creates a dialg
would be To-tag-less, while one that refreshes a dialog would usually
have one. And if my memory serves according to the RFC INVITE is the
only type of message which can create a dialog.

-Maxim