[Serusers] Debian unstable: ser starts but socket not open

Luna Kid listreader at neuropolis.org
Sat Feb 28 17:13:06 CET 2004

Just downloaded and installed the latest Debian unstable packages.

When starting ser:

-----------------
Listening on
              sip.neuropolis.org [212.52.166.10]:5060
Aliases:
WARNING: no fork mode
stateless - initializing
Maxfwd module- initializing
------------------

Still I cannot connect (e.g. telnet) to 5060. The socket is NOT actually
open. I guess my local Linux (Debian) config prevents ser from properly
opening that socket (just dunno, how).

# fuser -n tcp 5060
here: 5060

# uname -r
2.4.22

Tried low port numbers, too. Nothing. Strange that ser does not seem to
complain.. Or does it? Here's a debug=7 log: http://sip.neuropolis.org/serlog.txt

Some ser.cfg settings that may differ from the (latest) default stuff:
---------------------
debug=7
fork=no
log_stderror=no