[Serusers] Re: FW: cpl-c module

Bogdan-Andrei IANCU iancu at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Fri Feb 27 19:54:39 CET 2004

Hi Chris,

please see the comments inline.

Best regards,
Bogdan

Chris Crawford wrote:

>Bogdan,
>I have some easy questions for you regarding the cpl-c module.  I have
>looked into some of the code and the features and am pretty psyched
>about what the module currently supports.
>
>1- Do you see any type of performance impact when processing the CPLs?

The performance impact is very difficult ot estimate since it strongly
depends of the CPL script complexity. And you can  estimate this
complexity by  the number of signaling operations done inside the script
(especially proxy operations). But excepting signaling (which either you
do from CPL script or from routing script, it's the same as time/resorce
consuming) the additional overhead is minimal since all CPL scripts are
kept in a compile version (a not as XML file),  thing which tremendous
reduce the interpretation time. So, I wound say the CPL execution is not
more or less expensive  than other SER operations.

>2- Easy question...  Is a cpl configuration required for every
>subscriber, or can it be for ones that actually specify a cpl? For those
>that don't specify a cpl, we want to use the system wide settings in the
>ser.cfg.

You can use groups (ACLs) for activateing/deactivating the CPL script
for specific user (on their request, for ex.). Anyhow, if a user has no
script or an empty one,  CPL execution will reduce to a DB query.

>3- Do you have any pending functionality?

So far, I would say no.