[Serusers] replication and rtpproxy

Arnd Vehling av at nethead.de
Thu Feb 26 21:11:53 CET 2004

Andres wrote:
> We use DNS updates.

So, whats the expire setting in your zonefile? One issue here could be
that some large ISPs doesnt honor small expire settings in zone-files
and clients using such a dns resolver _wont_ get an updated ip-address
but get hung on the old one.

> We have special scripts based on sipsak (Thanks Nils!),
> that check all SIP servers every minute.

So failover time is one minute?!

> If something is wrong, then we
> update our DNS dynamically to point to another SIP Server.  If the UAs are
> unable to register then they redo their DNS query

Youre _sure_ that every UAC will do this? With wich UACs did you test this?

best regards,

   Arnd