[Serusers] replication and rtpproxy

Thu Feb 26 15:59:20 CET 2004

Nils Ohlmeier wrote:
> On Thursday 26 February 2004 03:28, Arnd Vehling wrote:
>>Next question :) Is there any way that a failover server pickups the
>>neccessary port bindings for portaones rtpproxy or do will all
>>"rtpproxied" sessions fail when a failover server will take over
>>a primary server?
>

> As currently the rtp-proxy has to run on the same host as SER it does not make
> much sence IMHO to think about taking over rtp-proxy sessions. Then you would
> need some kind of rtp-proxy session replication, which should be easy when
> the nathelper module and the rtp proxy ever uses IP protocol for
> communication. But all this will only work if the backup server takes over
> the IP of the failed server, and you are not using SRV backup servers for
> example (except that a SRV backup can obviously also can takeover the IP).

Is it yet possible to build redundancy on top of SRV? I tested some
clients (Xlite, Budgetone-100, Windows Messenger 4.7) wether they use
SRV records to locate the proxy and Messenger is the only one who uses it.

So, if I use these clients, is there any other failover solution than IP
takeover?

regards,
klaus