[Serusers] LDAP with SIP digest HTTP authentication

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Mon Feb 23 10:59:54 CET 2004

The best solution would be to have the LDAP server do the authentication
for you. You just get the digest credentials from the message, send them
to the LDAP server and the LDAP server will tell you if the user is
authenticated or not. That's how radius authentication works in ser, for
example.

The question is if there is any LDAP implementation that can do this (I
am not aware of any such).

Alternatively you can store HA1 in the LDAP server, fetch the string
from the LDAP server and do the authentication in ser. Note that HA1
string is not stronger than plaintext password.

  Jan.